Talk

Advanced search

Emergency dentist appointment but not registered with a dentish

(7 Posts)
Lbu0810 Tue 05-May-20 17:58:39

I believe I have a mouth infection (part of my cheek and gum on one side of my mouth has turned white and there is bump under my jawline), it’s really painful but I get the occasional twinge and can feel it. I know that it needs to be treated but I’m not currently registered with any dentist as I only recently moved to my area so would any dentists treat me/give me an emergency appointment? If I rang around my local dentists, would they be able to prescribe antibiotics over the phone (I read an article about it on the BBC)?

OP’s posts: |
Lbu0810 Tue 05-May-20 17:58:53

What do I do?

stiffchain Tue 05-May-20 18:01:38

Yes you could try phoning. If they aren't in. Position to register you, they will have the number of the local service that supplies treatment to unregistered patients.

PoprocksAndCoke Tue 05-May-20 18:04:36

If you ring 111 you can find the details for your local emergency dentist. Be warned tho you may struggle to get seen face to face

Lbu0810 Tue 05-May-20 18:12:27

If I rang my local dentists, do you think they’d be able to prescribe me antibiotics? I’m not really sure what to do

stiffchain Tue 05-May-20 18:13:47

As above- Yes you could try phoning. If they aren't in. Position to register you, they will have the number of the local service that supplies treatment to unregistered patients.

DishRanAwayWithTheSpoon Tue 05-May-20 22:19:59

There will be an emergency service for patients who are unregistered. It is normally available through 111.

Practices arent going to see you on the NHS if you are not one of their NHS patients. They might do it privately.

If not how far away is your old dentist? Would they be able to prescribe remotely?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in