Talk

Advanced search

Chancellor Rishi Sunak preparing to wind down furlough scheme but promises 'no cliff edge'

(4 Posts)
DreamChaser23 Tue 05-May-20 14:28:42

Do you think from July the amount will be reduced to say 50 percent of income? It is a big expense however it is necessary.

www.itv.com/news/2020-05-04/chancellor-rishi-sunak-preparing-to-wind-down-coronavirus-furlough-scheme-but-promises-no-cliff-edge/

OP’s posts: |
Waxonwaxoff0 Tue 05-May-20 14:30:59

Probably.

I'm concerned to be honest as even if my workplace reopens in July, unless school opens I won't be able to go back. My job isn't possible to do from home.

OwlsFlyByNight Tue 05-May-20 14:46:38

If it is reduced will we have to formally accept it again? Do you think we’d be able to claim redundancy at that point? I work in hospitality and can’t see us being open any time soon, I can’t just sit here indefinitely sad

DreamChaser23 Tue 05-May-20 14:59:56

It definitely is a difficult position for many people. Ending Furlough will not be smart even though it's costly it is needed. Not to mention a second wave seems inevitable as well.

Today's report suggests furlough payments could be capped at 60 percent rather than the current 80 percent

www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/money/uk-wage-cut-furlough-60-21977601.amp

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »