Talk

Advanced search

Stomach problems. Advice please

(5 Posts)
oldbagface Tue 05-May-20 08:21:20

On Friday evening about four hours after eating I suddenly became nauseous, had diarrhea, headache and a fever. I had eaten lentils. Not unusual for me.

I had night sweats. The symptoms have continued to today. The night sweats stopped after two nights and my fever seems less.

When I have a poo it feels like I've not fully emptied but then I need to go again soon after.

I have stomach cramp and generally feel rubbish. Could it be a blockage? I was eating quite a lot of fibre last week and was having solid poo until this started.

It seems to be getting worse. I have bad stomach cramps this morning and have already been to the loo five times. One poo had a red fleck on it. Still very runny and still have the urge to go again

OP’s posts: |
kingkuta Tue 05-May-20 08:28:07

Lentils are poisonous and can make you very sick if undercooked. Is this a possibility?

wowfudge Tue 05-May-20 08:30:52

It's more likely you've got some sort of stomach bug you've picked up from somewhere/something. Ring your doctor's and get a telephone appointment.

oldbagface Tue 05-May-20 09:12:30

Thank you. No the lentils were fine. My daughter had some and she's not been unwell

oldbagface Tue 05-May-20 15:00:32

@kingkuta Actually the lentils were a bit under. Red lentils are supposed to be mushy but these had shape

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »