Talk

Advanced search

Travel From Australia

(7 Posts)
LadyLaSnack Mon 04-May-20 15:30:40

Afternoon everyone.

A close friend's father has died suddenly. I'm helping with logistics of getting a family member back from Sydney in the next couple of weeks. Has anyone got any experience of booking flights from Oz in times of Covid-19? I can see that there are some flights with Qatar air. Does anyone know if there are any other airlines flying, or if there are any restrictions on a UK national travelling back to Scotland at this time. I can't see that there is anything on the foreign office website.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone might have.

OP’s posts: |
ChristmasinQueensland Mon 04-May-20 15:33:23

Don't have flight info but I know from the recent organisation of a funeral that companies who do webcasts of funerals are broadening their services. It might be worth looking at that as an alternative if travel isn't possible.

Bertie1812 Mon 04-May-20 15:43:32

I’m currently in Sydney and travelling back next week. Qatar are currently the only airline flying from Sydney to London and they have one flight a day. If the person travelling normally lives in Australia then they will need permission from the government to travel

LadyLaSnack Mon 04-May-20 16:28:39

Thanks so much for the info guys!!

Bertie - do you have any info about how you get permission from the government? He's been living/working in Australia for a few years.

OP’s posts: |
Bertie1812 Tue 05-May-20 05:09:20

There is a form to fill out on the Australian Government immigration website

Reginabambina Tue 05-May-20 05:37:09

immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/covid19-enquiry-form

bluetongue Tue 05-May-20 08:47:15

How long are they planning to be in the UK before returning? (assuming they plan to return to Aus). I’d be worried about if I’d be able to get back. I’m not sure how long the Australian government are going to keep the paid for 14 day quarantine available.

It’s a difficult situation and I hope they can sort a flight out flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »