Talk

Advanced search

Buzzfeed have got the governments draft plan apparently

(8 Posts)
Nousernameforme Mon 04-May-20 14:03:01

www.buzzfeed.com/alexwickham/governments-draft-plan-to-ease-lockdown-workpace-in-full?origin=shp&ref=hpsplash

Is this a leak or is it what all media have and have been alluding too clumsily. It's just in relation to work at the moment nowt about visiting other family members.

OP’s posts: |
ButteryPuffin Mon 04-May-20 14:09:27

I'm starting to think they are leaking this stuff deliberately to see what the reaction will be before officially announcing it.

No timescale there

cologne4711 Mon 04-May-20 15:57:27

I read somewhere that the government had issued a draft plan to businesses and trade unions yesterday (and they had to comment - by yesterday). But I've not seen the document anywhere. Maybe that's what Buzzfeed has its info from.

As for sanitiser for lift buttons, am I the only one who started using my elbow to press buttons on trains, lifts, pelican crossings some weeks before lockdown?

Not sure how you can use contactless to pay a hotel bill unless it's VERY cheap.

Asking that households leave all internal doors open I'd have thought you'd do the opposite. You sit in one room away from the trades(wo)man and let them get on with the work with the door closed. Or do they mean so s/he doesn't need to touch any door handles?

SerendipityJane Mon 04-May-20 16:01:25

Asking that households leave all internal doors open

Is this official Fire Service advice too ?

Bol87 Mon 04-May-20 16:39:51

All seems pretty reasonable.. it’s just how practical it is for some businesses. It also implies we are going to be allowed to start making none essential journeys if shops are to re-open. No point opening them if we are still on essential journeys only..! This lifts my spirits a little!

NotEverythingIsBlackandWhite Mon 04-May-20 18:57:53

"Asking that households leave all internal doors open"

"Is this official Fire Service advice too ?"
I don't suppose most people have fire doors anyway so I really doubt that is important.

cologne4711 Tue 05-May-20 10:06:41

Saw this today which goes into office work in more detail: www.wired.co.uk/article/social-distancing-office-cubicles

GhostofFrankGrimes Tue 05-May-20 10:14:45

I'm starting to think they are leaking this stuff deliberately to see what the reaction will be before officially announcing it.

Yep, winging it, absolute amateurs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »