Talk

Advanced search

I've been called to ask how shielding going but...

(4 Posts)
freddiemercury Mon 04-May-20 11:27:34

Didn't know I was supposed to be shielding, haven't had a letter and can't think why I would be. I've had breast cancer but three years ago...didn't have chemo but am on tamoxifen...but can't think this would be a,reason.
Has this happened to anyone else? Waiting to hear back from GP but meanwhile hoping it's a clerical cock up that others can shed light on...

OP’s posts: |
alphaechokiwi Mon 04-May-20 11:30:36

Same here. Finished radiotherapy just before Christmas. I had a call but no letter and haven't been shielding...I'm a key worker and my children are in school so I'm also hoping it is a clerical cock up

freddiemercury Mon 04-May-20 11:39:36

@alphaechokiwi fingers crossed for both of us. I've been obeying lockdown...but going to supermarket and sadly to a funeral.

OP’s posts: |
TheFormidableMrsC Mon 04-May-20 15:11:30

If it's any help, I'm about to start radiotherapy post BC surgery. Have been told I can carry on as "normal" during this phase of my treatment. So normal for me is staying in, daily exercise, infrequent supermarket shop and observing extra hygiene advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »