Talk

Advanced search

Best friend not listening and putting people at risk

(2 Posts)
Evasmummy2019 Sun 03-May-20 12:55:10

My best friend let's call him Jim. His wife has MS and is wheelchair bound and subsequently hasn't left the house in over a year. She's not taking any if this very seriously at all. She's sending him out daily for a can of coke, wax melts and chocolate bars. She send him to home bargains to get fake flowers and tea lights! I've been arguing about this with Jim as he goes and does it. He needs to be more firm and say no. They have children and youngest is 5 so she's putting them at riskk as well as herself. He does my shopping and I have a 5 month old baby with health issues . So I get worried. What will I say to make him listen to me and stop needlessly going out.

OP’s posts: |
MRex Sun 03-May-20 13:12:34

Get someone else to help you with the shopping and leave them to it. Their children will very likely be fine, few children are badly affected. As for the adults, they are adults and make their own decisions accordingly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »