Talk

Advanced search

Worried about my friend

(2 Posts)
Namechange2306 Sat 02-May-20 22:30:03

A good friend of mine lives on her own in her flat. We live about 15 minutes away from each other and I see her very regularly.
Anyway, we both suffer with anxiety and depression and help each other through rough patches.
She has had suicidal thoughts in the past.
She’s finding things really difficult right now, as a lot of us are.
As she’s living by herself, she is finding it particularly difficult not seeing another person all day. She does go out to the shops and for walks, but she says it doesn’t compare to a meaningful conversion with someone face to face in the flesh.
We do regular zooming, but she just says it isn’t the same.
Before lockdown, she had a very active work and social life. She’s been furloughed, but is doing some work from home voluntarily.
She messaged me yesterday saying she’d spent all day crying. And she can’t get out of bed some days.
Her mum died a few years ago and she was just starting to get herself built back up and enjoying life again sad I don’t know what to do to help her.
I’m worried about her a lot lately.

OP’s posts: |
ToffeeYoghurt Sat 02-May-20 22:37:46

I'm sorry she's struggling with the pandemic. It's a very difficult time for everybody. Is she under the mental health team? Urgent MH care is essential work (much more so than construction and DIY shops) and she should be seen if she needs it. If she's not already under their care she needs to speak to her GP. Get her to make a telephone appointment on Monday.

Is she vulnerable to Covid? If not perhaps she could apply for work that gets her out of the home. Supermarkets or delivery work for example.

Just keep being there for her like you are now. I'm sure it's appreciated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »