Talk

Advanced search

Lockdown coronavirus

(3 Posts)
Wonkydonkey44 Sat 02-May-20 11:00:15

So despite being in lockdown for the last five weeks my parents ( in their 70s) have got covid-19.
Dad started first and has been really poorly for approx 2 weeks , barely able to have a conversation due to the cough that he developed ( literally coughing up a lung) temp etc , now my mum has caught it off him , she’s required a doctors intervention ( has asthma) but is still at home but very wheezy.
I have been shopping for them , 2 metre distance always observed. As far as I know they haven’t seen anyone , dads only had one solo walk round the village before he got sick and he says he didn’t see another soul.
So how the hell have they caught it?! Have I brought it into their home somehow.

OP’s posts: |
Changeyname40 Sat 02-May-20 11:03:27

It can go on for a long time so its possible they already had it.

INeedNewShoes Sat 02-May-20 11:06:45

The virus can apparently live on surfaces for a few hours so its possible (though I think if it was likely we'd be hearing more about it) that the virus came into the house on the shopping or on post that has come through the door.

Some people are quarantining anything delivered to the house for a few days (my parents included) and some people are washing shopping to try and mitigate against these risks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »