Talk

Advanced search

This can't be right

(3 Posts)
Meredithgrey1 Sat 02-May-20 09:13:51

If training is resumed before social distancing rules are relaxed, BBC Sport understands players will be tested for coronavirus twice a week and would be screened for symptoms every day. All tests would be carried out by health professionals at a drive-through NHS testing facility that each club would have access to.

The above is in a bbc article about the premier league resuming. Now, I know testing has been ramped up, but my understanding is that everyone else needs to be symptomatic to be tested - NHS staff working with coronavirus patients aren't tested twice a week, care home staff or people caring for vulnerable people aren't tested twice a week to make sure they aren't spreading it without knowing. This can't be correct, surely?

OP’s posts: |
Changeyname40 Sat 02-May-20 09:29:49

They seem to have their own rules confused

MordredsOrrery Sat 02-May-20 09:43:39

Look for the money. Someone, somewhere Rupert Murdoch probably influential with government, stands to make a big loss if Premiership football doesn't resume, otherwise they wouldn't bother. So they'll stand on their heads to get them playing again. If I was a footballer, I wouldn't be best pleased.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »