Talk

Advanced search

Anyone doing the ONS covid-19 infection survey?

(9 Posts)
FreakStar Fri 01-May-20 12:10:02

We have been selected to do this survey fo the Office for National Statistics- an official just came and took swabs and information from us. It seems like a really good study to be part of- they will test us each week for 5 weeks and then once a month thereafter for a year.

We apparently should get vouchers each time for taking part. We did another survey last year and were given vouchers after answering the questions. This guy didn't give us any. Do you think he should have? Or will we get them later? Anyone else done this?

OP’s posts: |
Vanannabananna Fri 01-May-20 12:14:41

We are. It looks very interesting. We didn’t get them at the time. We got ours in the post last time.

FreakStar Fri 01-May-20 12:41:52

Oh, ok- I'll hang fire then! It felt too rude to sat "where's my voucher" to the man grin

He did say we would be informed of the results within a few days. I don't expect them to be positive. It's great to be part of this important survey- hopefully it will help them get a much clearer picture of how many people have actually had it.

OP’s posts: |
Vanannabananna Fri 01-May-20 18:22:08

My husband was rung by them today to check something and he actually asked. They said to ask the person who will come to swab us next week.

Tbh we didn’t see about the voucher until we agreed to do the study but it’s a nice bonus. We told our 4 year old if he did it he could spend his voucher on whatever he wanted 😂. Even the 2 year old co operated.

It will be interesting to get the results.

Lostoldusername Sun 17-May-20 13:44:57

I received a text to say the voucher will be sent via email by today for anyone tested up to the 10th May.
It didn't say where the voucher is for - my 6yr old is very keen to know where he is allowed to buy stuff from!

Realitea Sun 17-May-20 13:47:03

How do you sign up for this? Sounds great!

PuzzledObserver Sun 17-May-20 13:48:25

I’m intrigued that they are offering vouchers - is that necessary? Blood donors do it for a cup of tea and a biscuit!

I’ve been invited to take part in a survey for antibodies - blood sample collected at home once a month for six months. No mention of vouchers there.

timeforawine Sun 17-May-20 13:50:37

How do you find out about these?

Lostoldusername Sun 17-May-20 16:24:57

We were sent a letter, and like a previous poster - had agreed to do the survey already. We only realised when someone else told us.
We were selected because we had done surveys before.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »