Talk

Advanced search

Other parent and social distancing

(2 Posts)
Mumoftwo12345 Fri 01-May-20 09:07:35

Sorry if this has already been asked.
Our dd (5) has been with me and our family this whole lockdown period. We've not seen any friends or family (only through windows).
DD has spoken to her dad and his partner on FaceTime.
He visited yesterday and they talked through the window, DD said she misses them and wants to hug them so we made arrangements that she should go at the weekend (she's not gone up to now as we all agreed it was safest while the rate of infection was high and we all had intermittent coughs/colds)
However, overnight I've been up thinking and worrying. ExH girlfriend has a teenage son who I've heard goes to his dads regularly, and I know that the dad is in a relationship with another woman who has children from a previous relationship so I'm unsure at this stage of those children are seeing their father.
Would this then leave my daughter exposed to another two households?
I don't know what to do now.
Any thoughts would be welcome.

OP’s posts: |
Mumoftwo12345 Fri 01-May-20 09:10:35

Obviously this arrangement can't go on forever, she'll need to see her dad so it doesn't become more difficult in the future, but I'm worried about her health and my family's health. No one in this house is vulnerable though I should add.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »