Talk

Advanced search

Housemate with PTSD during this crisis

(4 Posts)
SpringBlossomIsBeautiful Wed 29-Apr-20 19:28:33

I wrote at the weekend about how my housemate just exploded at the weekend to point that I had to hide every sharp object in the house. I was extremely scared.
In 2004 when he was a teenager he was involved in a serious accident that resulted in 7 deaths, all that he witnessed.
The current confinement is exacerbating his stress. He came & apologised tonight.
I don’t know how to help, if indeed I can. He’s struggling & not receiving any help ATM.
Is there anything I can do ?

OP’s posts: |
SpringBlossomIsBeautiful Wed 29-Apr-20 19:30:21

BTW he seemed mortified at his behaviour tonight & said he’s been affected by his behaviour over the weekend.
I hugged him

OP’s posts: |
PlanDeRaccordement Wed 29-Apr-20 19:36:43

You can dial 111 to ask for mental health crisis team/support for him if he has another episode.
Is he under a local mental health team? He can call and tell them he’s struggling and had an episode and they might be able to arrange weekly video chats with a psychologist.

Sorry you saw that OP, a PTSD episode can be very scary. You are handling it really we’ll though.

Lifeisabeach09 Wed 29-Apr-20 20:13:58

Does he exercise? I'd strongly recommend he take up running. It will help with his mental health and get him out (obviously). Go with him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »