Talk

Advanced search

Daily infections

(14 Posts)
SusieOwl4 Wed 29-Apr-20 17:13:04

I was just wondering if you have been obeying the rules . Staying at home as much as possible and washing your hands regularly ,and you have had the virus recently how do you think you caught it ?

Or is there anyone in here who did actually ignore the rules and think they caught it because of that ?

OP’s posts: |
Realitea Wed 29-Apr-20 17:20:56

I’ve been obeying the rules since 16 March and have not left home often. Last week I had to go into a shop whereas I usually get a delivery. I also had to go to the chemist. I was in there a good twenty minutes. The assistant didn’t keep her distance at all and it worried me at the time.

I now have what might be the start of symptoms. Rash, fatigue, headache. We’ll see what happens.

SusieOwl4 Wed 29-Apr-20 17:32:38

@Realita. Hope you have not fingers crossed .

Realitea Wed 29-Apr-20 19:54:33

It’s horrible not knowing. I just remember that many people have it mild and hopefully I’ll be one of them!

AmelieTaylor Wed 29-Apr-20 20:04:29

@realitea

🌷hope not! But hope if you do youre one of the very 'mild' ones!

Do you have everything you need?

Maybe order an oximeter if you don't have one.

MoanyAnna Wed 29-Apr-20 20:07:52

I am very interested to know the responses to this. I know a young couple who believe that they have had it but infection must have happened long before lock down.

Realitea Wed 29-Apr-20 20:18:09

I’ve got an oximeter due to having health anxiety anyway grin lots of family isolating with me so we’ll get through it. That’s if it comes to anything

I’m also being tested soon so will update you!

Keepdistance Wed 29-Apr-20 20:50:42

We caught something. 5 days after a food home delivery. We havent been out since early march otherwise. If it is covid it is very contagious. And both dc got ill. After us both though but if it was from food delivery that would make sense anyway as they were upstairs at the time.

I imagine people are catching it at work or public transport or supermarket s

Realitea Wed 29-Apr-20 21:24:51

Had you been washing down all the shopping? Was it up to a month after you started isolating? I’m just wondering how long the incubation period might be and whether washing all my shopping is necessary!

SusieOwl4 Wed 29-Apr-20 23:25:55

I was wondering about the period of time . I know someone who was on lockdown for three weeks and had not actually left the house who got it ( they are ok ) so they were wondering if they had it when they went into lockdown but it did not come out ? Seems unlikely . But otherwise it must have come into the house some how

SusieOwl4 Wed 29-Apr-20 23:27:20

Ooh an oximeter.where did you get that ?

Realitea Wed 29-Apr-20 23:39:10

I got mine on eBay - there are loads!

Realitea Wed 29-Apr-20 23:41:06

It could’ve been through post maybe? Or shopping.. I think it can come out after a month so it’s possible.

SusieOwl4 Sat 02-May-20 14:39:46

Yes I don’t think all the science is totally clear yet . But there are still 15000 I think in hospital with the virus if we were all following the rules then you would think that would be lower ? But without knowing how long they have been in hospital then it’s difficult to tell .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »