Talk

Advanced search

Test result came back UNCLEAR

(6 Posts)
Discoballs Wed 29-Apr-20 15:52:19

DH's test came back as unclear. Has anyone else had the covid19 test and got a result UNCLEAR?

Or does anyone know what it might mean? I can see one case in the news in Tasmania where a result is unclear and they describe the case as being borderline. Or I'm wondering if it could be to do with an issue with taking or processing the sample.

AMBE123 Sat 16-May-20 21:15:44

I just got an unclear result. Prof. Google says that they test for 2 pieces of genetic code, if they find both its positive, if none it's negative, if they find one it's inconclusive. In my case I think I had it a month before my test so maybe there are some fragments of virus still there. But I don't know for sure.

Discoballs Mon 18-May-20 18:42:45

@AMBE123 sorry, just seen your reply. That's interesting. I think
My husband was late getting the test too.

StatisticalSense Mon 18-May-20 18:47:02

You are only meant to book a test in the first 5 days of having symptoms so why did he think it appropriate to do so after that point?

ITonyah Mon 18-May-20 18:49:07

My aunt in law had an unclear result.

Discoballs Mon 18-May-20 18:51:26

@StatisticalSense It was the first point he was eligible and he was advised by GP to still have one.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »