Talk

Advanced search

Menopause/hot flushes - or CV?

(3 Posts)
pontypridd Mon 27-Apr-20 19:11:54

I've never had hot flushes before. I'm 46. Last period was about 6 weeks before lockdown - I'm definitely not pregnant.

Since lockdown started I've had hot flushes that are increasing in frequency throughout the day. I suddenly feel like a furnace has been lit inside of me. Go sort of prickly and hot all over my torso, head and neck and sweat. It lasts for about 5 minutes. During the night I have to throw off the covers 4ish times.

I'm getting this throughout the day. It's worse in the evening and at night. But it happens several times in an hour. And in between I feel cold. Not freezing, but a bit cold.

Is this the menopause? Does it sound normal to you? Or could it be Covid?

OP’s posts: |
Piglet208 Mon 27-Apr-20 19:52:34

Have you got a thermometer? A hot flush only raises skin temp momentarily. It doesn't raise your core temp. If you have a constant raised temperature (on a thermometer reading) then that could be cv. Your description sounds like menopausal symptoms.

pontypridd Mon 27-Apr-20 20:03:10

Thank you. I don’t have a thermometer! But my daughter says I feel normal temperature on the outside when it happens.

It must be sudden onset of menopause. I hope that’s it.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »