Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else keep having weird dreams?

(15 Posts)
iswhois Mon 27-Apr-20 13:16:25

Namely, I keep dreaming that my husband is leaving me!

We are very much in love and happy, and this has only started since the lockdown started.

It's so vivid and actually quite upsetting to the point I wake up relieved to see him next to me grin

Is anyone else having something similar?

OP’s posts: |
PotteringAlong Mon 27-Apr-20 13:18:04

Yes. Not so much upsetting but weird and very very vivid. DH has said the same.

Candy150 Mon 27-Apr-20 13:29:08

Yes definitely, very vivid and I remember them more. Maybe because I’m not in such a rush in the morning to get out of the house.

Last night I was on a tri-bike clinging onto my cat for dear life because it was trying to get away whilst peddling furiously through someone’s house which was about a mile long?! (In my dream I mean, of course).

zscaler Mon 27-Apr-20 13:40:28

I’ve been having very vivid dreams but I’m not sure if it’s just because I’m pregnant.

SisterVanHelsing Mon 27-Apr-20 13:41:41

Yes, I usually only remember a couple per week but I'm remembering all of them now in quite a lot of detail. Horrible ex was in last night's so I'm not sure this is necessarily a good thing...

blackcat86 Mon 27-Apr-20 13:44:24

Yes. I keep having very vivid alien invasion dreams where I'm hanging out the washing and look up to see crafts in the sky flying over - it's very pearl harbour like. I'm sure its lockdown with the stress, fear and loss of control.

SunnyStroll Mon 27-Apr-20 13:44:58

Oh, I've been putting down to increased alcohol intake blush

I don't feel like I'm particularly stressed by this situation, feel very lucky, no homeschooling, wfh with no immediate threat to income, fairly relaxed workload, happy family life, no particular health anxieties but yes, I have been having the strangest vivid dreams. Quite often wake up in a distressed state, which us completely new to me since lockdown.

Genopy Mon 27-Apr-20 13:48:39

Yes!! Awful nightmares, every night!

MashedPotatoBrainz Mon 27-Apr-20 13:50:09

Last night I dreamt that we moved house. It was so vivid and clear that when I woke up I was confused about where I was. Freaky!

FlamingoAndJohn Mon 27-Apr-20 13:50:50

They were talking about this on the radio today.
One thought is that it is because people are sleeping later or until they naturally wake up. Therefore you are getting your full REM sleep and that means more vivid dreams.

exiledfromcornwall Mon 27-Apr-20 14:03:53

Yes I have been having vivid dreams. Last night's was a corker. Dreamt I was on some sort of cruise, sitting at a dinner table with other people, and one of them was Boris Johnson. Was so glad to wake up.

disorganisedsecretsquirrel Mon 27-Apr-20 14:13:03

There was a section about this this morning on Womans hour on Radio 4 at 10am. With a psychologist. Well worth a listen.

Something to do with getting more REM sleep as we are not getting up so early and this type of sleep happens towards dawn.

You can listen again on the sounds app or the podcast.

RuffleCrow Mon 27-Apr-20 14:14:39

Yes, dream flashbacks to specific points in my life/childhood

PotteringAlong Mon 27-Apr-20 14:54:21

Ooh, I’ll listen to it!

RingtheBells Mon 27-Apr-20 14:59:59

Yes, I had one last night that DH and I went on holiday and we forgot to pick up our suitcases when we landed and we got to the hotel and realised and then I was just trying to make arrangements to pick them up but the airport was miles away, then I woke up. I also think it was Australia we went to, it was very vivid.

Maybe this is because I recently cancelled my Tui holiday to Austria and am waiting and worrying about the refund

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »