Talk

Advanced search

London recovering rapidly

(5 Posts)
LilacTree1 Mon 27-Apr-20 10:18:36

Twice as fast as the Midlands

www.hsj.co.uk/news/coronavirus-deaths-mapped-london-recovering-twice-as-fast-as-the-midlands/7027212.article#.XqaioynW5bw.twitter

OP’s posts: |
Sparklingbrook Mon 27-Apr-20 10:19:36

Ok

LilacTree1 Mon 27-Apr-20 10:50:49

It seems a comment is expected on these links?

So I’ll just say - good news for Londoners
And interesting given our density of population.

I have heard calls for Londoners to be realised from lockdown later, which seems unnecessary.

OP’s posts: |
ArriettyJones Mon 27-Apr-20 11:07:23

You cant compare “London” with “The Midlands”. That’s comparing a huge region (two regions really) with a city.

Even if you try to compare, say, Greater Birmingham with Greater London, there are still as many differences as similarities.

One thing Birmingham and London have in common is a high population density and large BAME populations, which would seem to be two very good reasons to be extra cautious and NOT to rush to end lockdown.

I think this will all be resolved very slowly in small increments, and it’s better to just wait for solid government plans rather than grasping at every news article. You can find a news story to say just about anything ATM. Thousands of words being written in contradiction of each other.

ArriettyJones Mon 27-Apr-20 11:08:33

Sorry; Two things that Brum and London have in common....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »