Talk

Advanced search

Pay for self isolating beginning of March - we were meant to get paid by govt ?

(9 Posts)
Charliescar Mon 27-Apr-20 08:45:54

Just had my pay slip for March , I had to take the last 2 weeks off as my husband had covid symptoms . My company has not paid me for these days ? We’re the govt not going to pay for everybody who had to self isolate in that period in March just before lockdown .

OP’s posts: |
DullPortraits Mon 27-Apr-20 08:57:58

I thought you claimed ssp if self isolating- could be wrong and happy to be corrected.

BadJanetsMobile Mon 27-Apr-20 08:59:26

I thought it was the rules for Ssp were adapted so you were immediately elligible? Not 100% .
Have you queried with your employer? Are you not eligible for sick pay through work?

Ilikewinter Mon 27-Apr-20 09:01:03

It was for SSP to be paid without the waiting days, if you are not entitled to company sick pay.

userxx Mon 27-Apr-20 09:07:36

Yes, your employer should have paid you for those 14 days then claimed off the government for a reimbursement. The scheme isn't up and running yet.

MRex Mon 27-Apr-20 09:12:52

You need to inform your payroll team that they have made an error and should process statutory sick pay for you. It shouldn't matter to you when they get paid this, you are due to be paid it with your normal pay.

Charlottejade89 Mon 27-Apr-20 16:22:20

you need to fill out an ssp form with the dates you were off and sign it, they cant pay you otherwise

nolovelost Mon 27-Apr-20 16:42:44

Yes you get paid SSP even if it wasn't you in your household with symtoms. Have you given your employer your 111 isolation note?

Kingcole Mon 27-Apr-20 16:46:04

Yes my employer didn't pay me after emailing. They are basically ignoring me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in