Talk

Advanced search

Would you book for November/December?

(14 Posts)
lockdowncockdown Sun 26-Apr-20 20:35:33

I've received a refund for a Villa I was due to visit in May and I wanted to rebook somewhere else for my birthday in late November and a trip for New Year's Eve. Is this a bit premature? Should I hold off? I know there are bigger things to worry about but I'm worried the price will shoot up when restrictions are lifted and I don't want to miss out as this would be my first holiday abroad in 10 years 😔

OP’s posts: |
PanicOnTheStreets85 Sun 26-Apr-20 21:04:59

I wouldn't book it personally. Too much uncertainty at the moment.

lockdowncockdown Sun 26-Apr-20 21:11:35

I'm looking at Dubai or Thailand if that makes a difference.

OP’s posts: |
Emcont Sun 26-Apr-20 21:12:20

No sad Flu season again!

ScarletFever Sun 26-Apr-20 21:13:45

Nope! i wont be booking anything at all until some normality has returned

imausernamenotanumber Sun 26-Apr-20 21:13:46

Yep. Booked Christmas markets last week. If it doesn’t happen I’ll be sad, but stuff to look forward to is important.

Chrisinthemorning Sun 26-Apr-20 21:29:24

I wouldn’t. Hassle if you need to cancel.
2020 is a write off I reckon. I’m hoping by this time next year things will be improving and travel will open up.

BenjiB Mon 27-Apr-20 02:03:16

Agree I think this year is a write off.n we have a caravan on site in this country and it doesn’t look like that will re-open this season

DBML Mon 27-Apr-20 03:20:52

I would possibly book, but perhaps wait a few weeks first to see what direction we go in...then you can make a bit more of an informed decision.

Actionhasmagic Mon 27-Apr-20 03:22:02

We aren’t booking anything abroad until vaccine or cure or something better than just social distancing

Aquamarine1029 Mon 27-Apr-20 03:30:18

I wouldn't be booking for anything, anywhere this year. As for waiting for a vaccine, don't hold your breath, but I would still wait for quite a while into next year.

paininthepoinsettia Mon 27-Apr-20 03:50:22

My BIL is a travel agent and said they have never had so many Nov/Dec bookings as they are doing now. He said as long as you book refundable ticket it's fine. I am booking Marrakech for xmas.

Ineedabreak19 Mon 27-Apr-20 03:59:29

I would book for December 2021 not 2020.

BarbaraofSeville Mon 27-Apr-20 08:29:19

If the amount of money was relatively small, or something that could be postponed or cancelled without charge then probably yes.

DP often goes on a mates cycling holiday abroad in November and has booked tickets to take advantage of a very cheap flight incl bike deal - it normally costs £60-120 to take his bike, plus the cost of his own ticket but has got him plus bike for about £80 - the accommodation will only have to be paid for if he actually goes, so worth the risk.

Once the promised refund for the flights we were supposed to take this week materialises, I'll start looking for something for us for September/October. Again we'll only commit to the flights for now, everything else can wait a few months.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »