Talk

Advanced search

Feeling sad and afraid

(4 Posts)
Jourdain11 Sun 26-Apr-20 19:08:53

I don't know why it suddenly got to me today - maybe because the streets outside look so much more "normal" than they have for ages - but the whole situation of Covid-19 and the lockdown has just suddenly hit me and I feel so sad and scared.

Up till now I had so many other things to think about that I haven't been able to let it get me down. But it's suddenly come at me properly!

I miss my kids (they are at the grandparents') and my friends and (even!) my extended family. And this situation is just so sad and awful for everyone.

I know that there are people who have it so much worse than me. And that there are those who have lost loved ones. But it's not only me I feel sad for - although I am also sad myself.

I just can't imagine things ever being the way they used to be again. And it feels so sad!

OP’s posts: |
Frownette Sun 26-Apr-20 19:30:36

It's ok, the feeling will pass. Most of us get moments like that.

Try to distract yourself until it passes and do something that makes you feel better, like a bath or watching a program or speaking to someone. Don't watch the news though smile

Jourdain11 Sun 26-Apr-20 22:34:43

Thank you flowers I know that things will get better. I'm just sometimes afraid that they won't! Or of how long it's going to be...

OP’s posts: |
Lifeisabeach09 Mon 27-Apr-20 11:37:45

Jourdain11, if it's any consolation, please look at the Far East where things are returning to a type of normal. Also parts of Europe.
What's going to happen is people lives will restart---we will just be wearing masks en masse and maintaining some kind of physical distance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »