Talk

Advanced search

For those who already had the virus...

(12 Posts)
MissB83 Sat 25-Apr-20 20:06:12

My mum, son and I all had the virus a month or so ago. My son brought it home from nursery and was very mildly ill (temp and small cough). There was a confirmed case in the nursery at that time. Mum and I had similar symptoms: tight chest, mildly high temps, excessive fatigue (sleeping all the time), excruciating headaches, very dry throat and mouth, loss of smell and taste. It lasted 2-3 weeks in all. However I'm left with almost constant mild exhaustion. I sleep 7-8 hours a night and have a fairly sedentary lifestyle (like most of us at the moment I imagine!), but getting exercise each day for an hour or so. Has anyone else who had the virus been left with this tiredness? Obviously grateful that it wasn't more serious...

OP’s posts: |
NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sat 25-Apr-20 20:51:52

My teen ds became ill on the 31/3 he was in bed for 13 days, he is still feeling tired, i don't see him until afternoon!

NK346f2849X127d8bca260 Sat 25-Apr-20 20:53:50

Pretty certain he had it, he is a keyworker on public transport including the tube, fever, sore throat, headache, slight cough and breathlessness but fortunately that only lasted a short time.

Namechangervaver Sat 25-Apr-20 20:55:29

What do you mean by 'mild exhaustion'?

Incrediblytired Sat 25-Apr-20 20:55:54

I haven’t had it but it’s very common to have fatigue after illness. My husband had sepsis last year and was told it was normal to be exhausted for a 6 months after.

BirdieDance Sat 25-Apr-20 21:01:03

I haven't had corona but did have pneumonia a couple of years ago and it took 6 months for me to feel normal again.

GoodbyePorpoiseSpit Sat 25-Apr-20 21:07:00

I think I’ve had covid. It took 3 weeks before I felt normal but I’m a runner and cyclist and still can’t face either 5 weeks on. Do you still have a temp?

MissB83 Sat 25-Apr-20 21:39:15

@NameChanger "mild exhaustion" - I'm able to do day to day activities (apart from strenuous exercise) but I feel constantly tired all the time no matter what I'm doing, like I'm half asleep. And often I feel quite faint when I'm sitting down/getting up etc along with it.

This is mild because it's better than during the virus when I was going to bed early, sleeping in late and still sleeping during the day, but still quite difficult day to day.

MissB83 Sat 25-Apr-20 21:40:43

@GoodbyePorpoiseSpit I don't have a temp, no- I only actually had a temp very briefly at the start and only around 38, but I tend to be on the low side with my normal body temperature and can only remember running a high fever once or twice.

GoodbyePorpoiseSpit Sat 25-Apr-20 21:50:36

Yes it so strange that the main advice focuses on temp: I only had a temp for one day too and only 38. Still, I suppose I may not have had it.... I’d be amazed tho.
I asked about temp now as I was just wondering about the possibility of a secondary infection? If you’re worried do seek medical advice. But I also felt faint/ dizzy and had heart palpitations for a good few weeks. It’s a heck of a virus.

Minai Sat 25-Apr-20 22:00:29

I haven’t had it but I had a very bad flu before Christmas and it wiped me out. I had several blood tests and ultrasound as I was so ill the doctors were sure what it was and they found that it had affected my liver and spleen. I had post viral fatigue and only started feeling back to normal a month ago. It can take a long time to bounce back from a bad virus. Hope you feel better soon.

Gooseygoosey12345 Sat 25-Apr-20 22:20:01

It can take some time to recover from viruses, just take it easy, your body is probably still healing. Go to bed a bit earlier if you need to, get an extra hour of sleep in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »