Talk

Advanced search

Nurses dancing on TikTok has made people take lockdown less seriously

(87 Posts)
MrsKypp Fri 24-Apr-20 21:42:03

Seeing so many nurses in their uniform & PPE doing choreographed dance routines at work in hospital is not good if the country wants us to stay home under lockdown.

We are told: "Stay home - Protect the NHS"

Oh ok ....stay home while nurses do whole choreographed dance routines while at work in the NHS...

Since those videos appeared on social media, I have noticed a lot more neighbours chatting by the garages, people moving furniture in and out of their flats, less distancing and a less serious attitude towards Covid-19 and the lockdown.

What the fuck were those nurses thinking?

Have fun, enjoy a dance by all means. DO NOT POST IT ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

OP’s posts: |
SquirtleSquad Fri 24-Apr-20 21:45:42

Thank you so much for the 100000000th thread about this hmm

FlibbertyGiblets Fri 24-Apr-20 21:46:05

Two things:

Causation/correlation.

Not everyone sees tiktok stuff.

inwood Fri 24-Apr-20 21:48:17

There's many many people who haven't even heard of tiktok never mind bothered to get the app and see dances.

SquirtleSquad Fri 24-Apr-20 21:49:19

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/3888421-dancing-nurses-hate

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/amii_being_unreasonable/3888633-NHS-staff-dancing

MrsKypp Fri 24-Apr-20 21:51:18

No, but they see it online on other websites.

The NHS is sending out mixed messages:

(1) front line staff don't have enough PPE, are working 14 hour shifts, are looking after hundreds of desperately ill patients.

(2) Nurses have time to plan and practise, then perform choreographed dance routines while at work wearing uniform and PPE.

I do believe people's behaviour has changed after seeing the dancing videos.

I haven't because I am really scared of Covid-19, but I find it totally unacceptable that they are posting those things while people are left to die horrific deaths in care homes and people are told they aren't high enough priority to be allowed hospital care until they are blue.

MrsKypp Fri 24-Apr-20 21:54:31

At least they seem to have apologised for insulting the Maori culture.

FlibbertyGiblets Fri 24-Apr-20 21:55:51

For eg I have seen 1 video and it was great. Was linked to from here.

Not seen any others. Have I changed my behaviour? No.

QED.

collateralmadanage Fri 24-Apr-20 21:57:11

It's nit as if they have sat at a computer on a night shift and shat on your nan ffs!

Dannn Fri 24-Apr-20 21:58:23

As an ICU nurse this is incredibly frustrating for me. I know from speaking to my colleagues on the wards that they are nowhere near a busy as usual, beds are empty and they probably have loads of time on their hands.

This is not the case in ICU, we are all working harder than I could have ever imagined, doing the jobs of 2-3 nurses every single shift. I had a 15 minute break out of PPE last night in a 12.5 hour shift.

I can see the point from both sides, it’s something lighthearted and I’m sure the intentions are good but seeing these videos when myself and my colleagues don’t even have time to take a break is really, really hard.

Daybyday89 Fri 24-Apr-20 21:58:42

TikTok videos of nurses dancing etc have been around for weeks now. Are you only just seeing them? I started seeing them back in March. If people aren’t taking social distancing seriously now, I doubt is because of that

MrsKypp Fri 24-Apr-20 22:00:13

The videos would indeed be great if we weren't in the middle of a pandemic with a health care system unable or not willing to care properly for everyone.

If the NHS said, we are here for you; we will try our best to save everyone, we have plenty of beds, ventilators, intensive care beds, ECMO, plenty of highly trained intensive care doctors and nurses then I would feel differently.

BUT they have said the opposite. Yet still seem to have plenty of PPE and spare time to dance around (while people are dying lonely horrific deaths, often as not without hospital care).

VividImagination Fri 24-Apr-20 22:02:32

I was a nurse for more than 30 years and whilst I agree that the issues frontline staff are dealing with at the moment are unprecedented and particularly stressful I think it’s fair to say that many nurses have seen some awful things. The need to let off steam is understandable but I do find all this very public “social media hilarity” disrespectful to those who are seriously ill, have lost their lives and to their families.

Floatyboat Fri 24-Apr-20 22:05:01

I think teachers have started doing them now too. They're working even less hard.

vera99 Fri 24-Apr-20 22:06:39

Matt Hancock, Whitty et al should do some to lighten the mood.

Greysparkles Fri 24-Apr-20 22:07:02

Yea... Blame the nurses....hmm
Don't blame to government for treating people like children and not giving them any indication of what's to come next... Making people think "fuck it"

MrsKypp Fri 24-Apr-20 22:07:27

Oh no, not teachers now too. Attention seeking idiots.

This is all terribly distasteful considering the horrific suffering during this pandemic.

Moondust001 Fri 24-Apr-20 22:08:09

Oh FFS. Can everyone get a bloody life? It appears that nobody, absolutely nobody, is allowed to have fun, enjoy themselves, let off steam, do something unserious, or otherwise act like they are ALIVE! Is one of the symptoms that half the population turns into judgey curtain twitchers with no sense of humour, a huge dose of paranoia, and an unhealthy level of hysteria?

If you don't like the damned things STOP WATCHING THEM! Easy. I haven't seen a one of them and that is because I am too busy living my life to give a damn. And btw, I am really enjoying my life, and don't much give a rats arse who dances where.

vera99 Fri 24-Apr-20 22:08:30

@Dannn in a just world you would be on double salary now. At least. flowersflowersflowersflowers

SquirtleSquad Fri 24-Apr-20 22:08:46

Attention seeking idiots.. errr fuck off OP.

MrsKypp Fri 24-Apr-20 22:09:10

@vera99

Actually if Matt Hancock, Whitty et al did a dance it would at least be pretty funny.

Totally inappropriate obviously. But funny. Nothing funny about nurses or teachers seeking attention like that.

itaintthatdeeep Fri 24-Apr-20 22:09:31

How dare them! grin
OP you made me laugh! Nurses dancing offends you, they probably feel the same about all the attention seeking clappers on Thursday night

Crafting1Queen Fri 24-Apr-20 22:09:37

biscuit

MrsKypp Fri 24-Apr-20 22:12:30

@itaintthatdeeep

Yes, the clapping is all a bit North Korea Supreme Leaderish now

SquirtleSquad Fri 24-Apr-20 22:13:03

Oh so as long as you find it a funny level of inappropriate then it's ok.. got it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »