Advanced search

Worried - surgery on Weds

(2 Posts)
Maggie9000 Fri 24-Apr-20 19:16:45

I had a call from hospital today, a procedure I've been waiting for has been booked for Wednesday. It's classed as urgent as I have lung disease and the op is for insertion of a portacath for easy access to my veins for meds. I've had one before but it had to be removed due to sepsis. That one was put in under GA.
I'm pregnant. This procedure is due to be carried out under local, I'm scared of the pain (port removal was the worst thing I've ever had) but I'm more scared about the fact I'm venturing into a hospital. I'm sure all of my consultants have discussed it and decided that the portacath being in place is more important than not, as if I get coronavirus the only access to my veins would be via the port. I've considered turning it down, what would you do?!

OP’s posts: |
Stealhsquirrelnutkin Fri 24-Apr-20 23:07:45

I'd do it, even if I would be scared. Phone and explain how anxious you are, and ask for some anti anxiety medication to help you cope.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »