Talk

Advanced search

NMC Covid 19 temp register

(7 Posts)
Potionqueen Fri 24-Apr-20 15:37:37

This has been extended to cover nurses who left the register 4/5 years ago (extended 15/4/20).
Originally was nurses who left the register up to 3 years ago.

OP’s posts: |
Babyroobs Fri 24-Apr-20 16:23:39

I signed up for this register about 3 weeks ago and still never been contacted by anyone despite being told weeks ago that someone would call me within a few days.

Potionqueen Fri 24-Apr-20 17:29:13

Was hoping you’d reply @Babyroobs. I signed up weeks ago, had a telephone interview a week later. I’ve only just filled in my dbs form in now (online).
I had an email last week saying no one wanted me atm, but they where putting my details out again on Monday. Dh and dsis calling me a raggy doll reject!
Think it’s going through nhs professionals, so I’m not holding my breath.

FOJN Fri 24-Apr-20 17:45:28

I signed up when they very first emailed. Completed all pre-employment checks over 2 weeks ago and was told I would be contacted in 24 - 48 hours and I've heard nothing yet.
I'm fine with not being needed in clinical area just yet but it is frustrating to be waiting when I could be doing something useful like collecting samples for testing.

Babyroobs Fri 24-Apr-20 18:34:43

Thanks potionqueen. I'm not too bothered as I have my normal job that I'm still doing. I think it's just that it seemed like there was this urgency and then nothing, no contact at all ! Hopefully it's because need hasn't been as great as they feared at first although seems odd that they are opening it up to more.

Potionqueen Fri 24-Apr-20 19:23:50

I think it’s more a case of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing babyroobs.

Babyroobs Fri 24-Apr-20 19:50:38

Ok I won't feel too rejected then ! To be honest I'm not sure what help I could be really, dh is shielding as high risk and with the number of health care professionals being infected I wonder whether it's just too risky anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »