Talk

Advanced search

You're simply the best....(prelude to the 8pm clap )

(9 Posts)
Klaudia14 Thu 23-Apr-20 19:57:34

Is blaring on speakers in my neighborhood and my neighbours are walking around with wine and beer in their hands waiting for the 8pm clap.....oh boy!

I'm in my PJs and will speak to my nurse friend instead. She hates all this clapping nonsense.

Anyone else have neighbours like this?

OP’s posts: |
Sunshine1239 Thu 23-Apr-20 20:00:30

Yes

I totally appreciate the job they are doing I really do but I hate all this clapping and shouting

This is the first time I’m not going out

weegiemum Thu 23-Apr-20 20:03:23

Yep, next door and over the road are clanging pots etc and driving our dog and cat insane.

Dh is a GP on hospital duty tonight and doesn't like it at all. Pointless to him.

twoHopes Thu 23-Apr-20 20:05:34

I thought it was a nice gesture at the start but it is getting a bit silly now. We have fireworks going off on our road every week. Still, whatever keeps people going I guess.

Mangofandangoo Thu 23-Apr-20 20:11:34

We've also had pots and pans here, I'm also sure someone was shaking a tambourine

Wired4sound Thu 23-Apr-20 20:13:46

I was the only one to clap (politely through the window) on my street. I could hear clapping and pots and pans in the distance but my neighbours are clearly over it.

Hairwizard Thu 23-Apr-20 20:15:14

In tescos just now. They announced they were having a clap for them at 8. I rolled my eyes and carried on shopping. Was a great gesture first time but now its cringey. Fuck the clapping shit. Bojo needs to up their pay. And fuck off with the stupid badge too. How insulting.

Ohnonotnow Thu 23-Apr-20 20:23:09

Agree, it's lost it's impact now and is becoming embarrassing. Should have just stuck to the first week of doing it, I found that quite emotional

Klaudia14 Thu 23-Apr-20 20:23:22

@Hairwizard good for you!!! I would have done the same if I was in Tesco...it all feels a bit forced now

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »