Talk

Advanced search

Plans to go back

(8 Posts)
Likethebattle Thu 23-Apr-20 16:02:07

I work for a global organisation and they are now putting together a plan for us to phase back into the offices once lockdown begins to lift. Got the e-mail to say be prepared to return. In some ways I’ll be ok with it but I don’t want to travel by public transport (only option though as it’s city centre and if lockdown starts to lift I’ll not be bc able to park for free). Had anyone ease been told they’ll be going back soon?

OP’s posts: |
Kitchendoctor Thu 23-Apr-20 16:52:52

Our organisation hasn’t but our boss has told us to plan for returning sad
Even though we are easily managing working from home.

BirdieFriendReturns Thu 23-Apr-20 16:54:01

The military is looking at getting staff back. DH works at a huge base, there are still staff there operating a basic service for things like IT but most people are advised to WFH. Could be changing very soon! I believe they are looking at getting the cafes opened. The messes have been operating a limited service for livers-in but the shop has been open throughout!

Likethebattle Thu 23-Apr-20 18:04:44

Real life will be strange and very different.

Inconnu Thu 23-Apr-20 18:07:26

My work hasn't mentioned anything like this, but DH's work is talking about having people back on a rota (eg 2 days in the office, 3 days wfh) to make it possible to socially distance when you're at work.

Likethebattle Thu 23-Apr-20 18:43:10

I think this is what they mean by ‘phased return’

SpudsAreLife84 Thu 23-Apr-20 18:45:20

I've been working the whole time, we just try to spread out more and wash our hands and computers a lot (hot-desking). DH is military and has been working as normal too

SpudsAreLife84 Thu 23-Apr-20 18:45:51

Posted too soon!

It will be fine, you'll soon adjust smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »