Talk

Advanced search

kids distancing

(4 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Hiccosouth Thu 23-Apr-20 08:14:05

Hello wondering what the consensus would be here. Seen my friends boys hanging out with one of their friends playing football 3 or 4 times now. I'm not sure if their mother is aware. I feel i should mention it to her...but at the same time I dont want to look like busy body especially when so many other transgressions. On the other hand , if it was me I'd want to know .

OP’s posts: |
FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Apr-20 20:42:36

Hi Hiccosouth,

Thanks for posting - this does sound like a tricky situation; it's always hard to know whether to intervene or not isn't it?

We're not sure we have any particular advice for you but we wanted to say hi and give this a bump for you.

We hope you find a way to resolve this without alienating your friend.

flowers

Floatyboat Fri 24-Apr-20 20:53:03

Tell her if you can do it naturally without seeming a busy body. If you can't, then forget about it.

LilyPond2 Fri 24-Apr-20 20:59:40

What do you know of your friend's situation? Is this her household's only contact with the outside world? Or is there someone in the house with a job that brings him/her into contact with so many other people that your friend might regard one additional point of contact as trivial?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »