Talk

Advanced search

czechs wear masks

(17 Posts)
jobhunter7 Wed 22-Apr-20 15:55:23

interesting video on how they have taken to wearing masks in the czech republic and how it has helped:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZtEX2-n2Hc

OP’s posts: |
jobhunter7 Wed 22-Apr-20 16:02:38

In 3 days, they provided masks for 10million people.

jobhunter7 Wed 22-Apr-20 16:17:06

I think we may need to see if we can do the same in the UK and the rest of the world.

Comenext Wed 22-Apr-20 16:23:38

It can be done but it takes a bit of determination and forethought.
People have got to see the reason behind them and really want to wear them.
There is a long list of countries where masks are mandatory. UK and USA are not on the list yet but some States in the USA are.

jobhunter7 Wed 22-Apr-20 16:27:54

I think it is a lovely video - hope people watch it and pass it on...

jobhunter7 Wed 22-Apr-20 17:04:50

are there many mnetters from other countries? perhaps they could spread the message there also...

Prokupatuscrakedatus Wed 22-Apr-20 18:24:53

From Monday on masks will be compulsory on public transport and in enclosed public spaces here in Berlin. So I went out and bought reusable / cleanable ones for us at the pharmacy together with observing ordinary hygiene rules (for hand washing, sneezing, coughing, touching etc.) it should get us out again.
I am waiting for my football club to roll out the fan version.

In Turkey you get masks when you show you ticket in public transport or your health card at a phramacy. A work mate has her vulnerable parents and other family living in different cities over there.

jobhunter7 Wed 22-Apr-20 20:25:28

People should really be wearing masks when they are on public transport and in enclosed public spaces.

jobhunter7 Wed 22-Apr-20 20:39:36

Why doesn't Bojo get on the tv/radio tonight or tomorrow morning and ask people to do this and start making masks? It can't hurt surely...

sossujunmash Wed 22-Apr-20 20:45:19

A bump!

In an interview many weeks ago with S Korean leading scientist Prof Kim Woo Ju he said that masks were recommended for all.

sossujunmash Thu 23-Apr-20 10:37:45

A video for an easy home made mask not requiring use of a sewing a machine!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1aIJ-GC2PU

PumpkinP Thu 23-Apr-20 12:20:19

Where can we buy them? Don’t want to make one

jobhunter7 Thu 23-Apr-20 12:25:10

They sometimes sell them on ebay, amazon...

www.maskmesafe.com/

But I think the medics may need them more than most regular folk...

PumpkinP Thu 23-Apr-20 12:31:28

I will just not wear one then as I’m rubbish at making things and would have to make 5 so the kids had them. We aren’t really going out anyway.

Northernsoullover Thu 23-Apr-20 12:33:30

Just wear a scarf pumpkin
www.fast.ai/2020/04/13/masks-summary/

jobhunter7 Thu 23-Apr-20 12:47:42

@PumpkinP

A scarf or bandana indeed is probably far better than nothing if you need to leave the house.

sossujunmash Thu 23-Apr-20 14:35:56

There are cloth ones for sale on amazon, pumpkin

I can't sew to save my life but I am planning to attempt the one i found on youtube linked above - was thinking of using old jeans for dc's ones smile I think the schools will require them when they go back

Apparently quilted material is the best

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »