Talk

Advanced search

Should my family member be shielded?

(3 Posts)
Callimanco Mon 20-Apr-20 14:28:20

Family member has congenital heart disease - born with tetralogy of fallot, had repair in childhood now in 40s. Annual checkups. Also had stroke in childhood due to narrowed artery in neck. Is offered flu jab annually. I am surprised that they have not received any kind of risk letter or text let alone been placed in shielded category. Does anyone know if this might be an oversight?

OP’s posts: |
ClientQ Mon 20-Apr-20 14:30:13

Nothing in that I don't think would put them in the shielding category

List here

1Solid organ transplant recipients.
2People with specific cancers:
•people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy
•people with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
•people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
•people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
•people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
•people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
3People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary (COPD).
4People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as Severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), homozygous sickle cell).
5People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
6Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired.

Callimanco Mon 20-Apr-20 14:41:28

Thanks client
So unless pregnant congenital heart disease not a particular risk? That's good to know.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »