Talk

Advanced search

Do we need to self isolate again?

(5 Posts)
BrowniesAreSuper Sat 18-Apr-20 14:04:44

I tried searching but couldn't find if this had been asked before.

had a temperature for one day a couple of weeks ago - cue us all (husband, two under two and my mum who's with us for now) isolating for two weeks. Nobody else had symptoms in that period and husband went back to work (care home so can't work from home at all) Weds this week. I'm still on mat leave.
Baby now has a temperature, argh! What are we supposed to do next?

OP’s posts: |
NuffSaidSam Sat 18-Apr-20 14:12:26

You need to self isolate if anyone in the household is showing symptoms of Coronavirus.

It's for you to judge whether the baby's symptoms are coronavirus related or teething etc.

NuffSaidSam Sat 18-Apr-20 14:13:15

If your husband works in a care home, it would be best to very much err on the side of caution though.

BrowniesAreSuper Sat 18-Apr-20 15:15:06

Agree with the "err on the side of caution". Obviously babies (at least mine) get fevers all the time so on the whole it's very unlikely to be coronavirus. If he had to go on SSP every time the baby gets a fever we'd soon be in the poorhouse as well!
I thought it was just cough or fever and you self isolate but if it's actually "symptoms of coronavirus" I guess that leaves a little bit of wiggle room to judge it. Off back to NHS inform I go!

OP’s posts: |
thaegumathteth Sat 18-Apr-20 15:36:29

OP - care home staff here can get tested (or their symptomatic family member) - worth checking that? Although I think possibly only after initial 72 hours

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »