Talk

Advanced search

Will you be clapping for the Queen?

(76 Posts)
Gingerkittykat Fri 17-Apr-20 22:58:30

This clapping has got out of hand now, why on earth should we clap for the Queen?

I do respect her and thought her two broadcasts were spot on but am going to save my clapping for key workers.

OP’s posts: |
PurpleDaisies Fri 17-Apr-20 23:02:17

No.

Dontlickthetrolley Fri 17-Apr-20 23:07:02

It's not asking you to clap, it's asking for you to sing Happy Birthday.

Peppafrig Fri 17-Apr-20 23:07:45

I will pass

ofwarren Fri 17-Apr-20 23:07:57

It's singing not clapping. I won't be doing either.

Laniakea Fri 17-Apr-20 23:09:09

Oh ffs - seriously? I think the country has gone soft in the head.

PurpleDaisies Fri 17-Apr-20 23:10:10

It’s not the country suggesting this. It’s one person - Ben Fogle

CoughKeepsOnComing Fri 17-Apr-20 23:10:50

Will people stop with the clapping already ... Please!!!

I'm an NHS worker and value my colleagues a lot, but clapping? Really? What we need is hand gel (and lots of it), and proper ppe, and enough space to socially distance (we can't do that by the way! Not really possible), and access to testing, and access to the antibody test, and less middle management, and lots more practical stuff ..

We don't need clapping. It's driving me nuts. We especially don't need clapping at bed time when we r trying to get our kids off to sleep after a long shift.

The queen doesn't need a clap. She can just postpone her birthday celebrations like everyone else. Actually the royals are really annoying me at the moment (I normally don't mind them, they r alright!) as they seem just sooo out of touch and privileged compared to what the rest of us are enduring.

Sorry for the rant.

Stop the flipping claps (none for queeny, non for nhs.). Thank the NHS in more practical ways please.

Stacey21x Fri 17-Apr-20 23:11:37

I mean if that happens, I’ll stand at my front door and pretend it’s for me... I’m 30 on Tuesday 😂

timetest Fri 17-Apr-20 23:11:41

No.

OntheWaves40 Fri 17-Apr-20 23:12:40

No.

Freddiefox Fri 17-Apr-20 23:15:35

Absolutely not, the royal family haven’t done anything to support the people in this mess.

NuffSaidSam Fri 17-Apr-20 23:15:54

No.

I do like the idea of a sing song with my neighbours though. I think we should sing happy birthday to Captain Tom instead (on his birthday, not the Queen's).

Freddiefox Fri 17-Apr-20 23:16:53

Stop the flipping claps (none for queeny, non for nhs.). Thank the NHS in more practical ways please. can’t we clap for the NHS and help in practical ways, it’s not an either or situation.

DailyKegelReminder Fri 17-Apr-20 23:18:10

No ta.

CoughKeepsOnComing Fri 17-Apr-20 23:19:17

But why clap Freddie, at 8pm when we r trying to get our kids to sleep so we can actually chill out for 5 mins before going to bed ourselves and starting our crazy work again the next morning.

If everyone clapping donated a £1 towards ppe/hand gel instead, we'd raise a fortune, and our kids could sleep - leading to a much happier NHS workforce......

Bunnyfuller Fri 17-Apr-20 23:21:05

Nope. She did her scripted and advised (brief) job. And lockdown for her is incomparable to lockdown for the populace.

NuffSaidSam Fri 17-Apr-20 23:26:03

Cough it's not compulsory the clapping. If it's ruining your evening, don't do it!

And the Captain Tom fundraising appeal has raised £20 million. I think people are donating as well as clapping.

Port1aCastis Fri 17-Apr-20 23:29:32

Nope

GoingtotheWinchester Fri 17-Apr-20 23:30:01

Definitely not. The RF has demonstrated just how hideously out of touch they over this crisis and she’s one of the worst.

I’ll be saving my energy for more deserving people.

RAOK Fri 17-Apr-20 23:30:20

No

7dayslater Fri 17-Apr-20 23:32:28

No.

Freddiefox Fri 17-Apr-20 23:40:45

But why clap because we want to show we care, and other than staying inside, washing my hands, voting anyone one but Tory, donating money to the NHS and gloves from my work. I don’t know what else to do. My NHS friends and care home worker friend say it makes them feel appreciated.

CoughKeepsOnComing Fri 17-Apr-20 23:41:41

Nuffsaidsam - I'm not doing it, but my kids can't sleep from everyone else doing it. Wish they'd quietly donate some.money instead....

Freddiefox Fri 17-Apr-20 23:42:14

But I understand the timing might be a bit late

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »