Talk

Advanced search

Jet2 holidays deposit paid

(5 Posts)
Claret555 Fri 17-Apr-20 09:28:00

Hi
Just wondered if anyone is in same boat ...Booked a holiday with jet 2 holidays for end of July , paid a low deposit with balance due end of May.
I've not paid anything else to the balance due to the fact it will probably be cancelled , we don't want to go anymore and are prepared I just loose our deposit .
However, I'm worried jet2 will automatically try and take the balance or a portion of the balance at the end of may!
I've tried to ring them to cancel but their phone lines shut down , I've emailed them no response. At a loss what to do?! Thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |
KittenVsBox Fri 17-Apr-20 09:38:30

Not the same situation, but the refund process from jet2 was very, very easy.
We were supposed to be back from our holiday by now, so it was cancelled by them. Every single penny was refunded (travel insurance was purchased separately)

If you dont want to pay the balance, you can go into your booking online and cancel from there - that's still available for holidays yet to be cancelled by Jet2.

Claret555 Fri 17-Apr-20 09:44:41

Thanks for reply, glad u got sorted . I've tried to cancel through manage my booking but can't see where ! ? Maybe it's hiding !

Rollergirl11 Fri 17-Apr-20 09:46:39

@Claret555 I’m in the same boat but with TUI. Have only paid low deposit so far for August holiday. I was due to pay the rest of deposit on Tuesday just gone. I didn’t. They haven’t taken the money automatically. I paid the low deposit on debit card. I checked with my bank and they said the initial payment was not set up as a recurring payment so they couldn’t take anymore money and would be classed as unauthorised. How did you pay the deposit?

Claret555 Fri 17-Apr-20 10:20:06

I paid on debit card. That sounds promising if they didn't take any money from you .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »