Talk

Advanced search

Avoiding food delivery drivers at the front door

(11 Posts)
Littlemiss74 Thu 16-Apr-20 18:23:58

I am shielding and managed to get a Tesco delivery today. Although the driver had gloves on he still came close enough to pass me the sheet with the substitutions on and put the bags inside the front door. I didn’t get that close to him but I don’t think he was as much as 2m away at all times. Slightly worried but it’s done now so just want to be better prepared for next time.

What are other people doing? My mum said to put a note on the door to say shielding please leave bags at the door but I guess they’ll always want to speak about substitutions won’t they?

OP’s posts: |
Snowflakes1122 Thu 16-Apr-20 18:43:34

On the website at checkout, you can add a note to the driver. I’d say please leave shopping on doorstep and knock:phone when done as we are self isolating.

This is what my aunt has done with asda. The delivery man called to say he was just leaving and it’s on the doorstep.

PumpkinP Thu 16-Apr-20 18:45:54

I’m having an issue with this aswell, I think they don’t want to leave it just incase you are not in or whatever and claim you didn’t get your shopping.

Littlemiss74 Thu 16-Apr-20 18:46:35

That’s great thank you, I didn’t know about that. Will do that next time.

bulliedintonamechange Thu 16-Apr-20 18:48:08

They don't wanna come near you either. Just shout through the door thank you!

Shadowdoor21 Thu 16-Apr-20 18:53:27

Same issue. The dude coughed when he was like a metre away from me this morning too. Fun times :/

LegoBloodyHurts Thu 16-Apr-20 18:54:05

A post it note on the door saying please leave shopping here, thanks.

You can even go to the window so they know you are in.

SylvanianFrenemies Thu 16-Apr-20 18:57:58

I just talk to them through the door given up on appearing normal

OhMargo Thu 16-Apr-20 18:58:50

I put four plastic crates in the porch (deliveries are bagged up now), and driver uses the RING doorbell and I ask him to slide open the porch door and put the shopping bags in the crates. All done in two minutes, no contact.
Substitutions are marked on the printout together with the receipt. Not in UK btw.

Cdm2020 Thu 16-Apr-20 19:15:23

Sainsbury’s ask if you’re isolating, and if so will phone you from outside and say they’re here and will leave bags on doorstep. Don’t need to open door till they’re gone. Only thing is you have to accept all substitutions but I just change my preferences online, would rather that than have to interact with someone

Littlemiss74 Thu 16-Apr-20 20:12:51

Thank you @Cdm2020 that’s helpful to know

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »