Talk

Advanced search

Don’t forget Diabetes

(8 Posts)
TKCD89 Thu 16-Apr-20 17:37:01

Please don’t forget the 4Ts. Symptoms of type 1 diabetes in our children.
Don’t let Coronavirus stop you seeking medical help and support if you are worried about diabetes.

www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news/parents-aware-4ts-lockdown

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lFGmYQ6pvLw

OP’s posts: |
TabbyMumz Thu 16-Apr-20 18:38:08

It's the same for any condition or disease really.

squaresandsquares Mon 20-Apr-20 22:44:54

I'm worried about my 7 year old. It's been going on a while but just clicked today that she has symptoms of type 1.

TabbyMumz Tue 21-Apr-20 08:10:00

Squaresandsquares....I hope you've got onto your gp pronto.

SylvanianFrenemies Tue 21-Apr-20 08:13:55

Please call today @squaresandsquares. I hope your Dd is OK.

@tabbymumz I suppose the point is that T1 can very quickly become life threatening when untreated, and the symptoms can be easy to overlook at first.

TKCD89 Tue 21-Apr-20 08:32:53

Please call your GP and speak to them ASAP. The GPs are still taking telephone appointments and will ask you to go in for urine and finger prick test.

OP’s posts: |
Focalpoint Tue 21-Apr-20 09:25:27

Thanks for posting OP. So easy to put off seeing the GP is you aren't sure there really is something wrong. Especially in the times of coronavirus.

My son has T1 and the symptoms came on slowly and got gradually more obvious.

I knew something was different about him but because he'd didn't wasn't sick, didn't have temp or a rash I didn't think it was serious. It was my mum who realised what it was.

Previous poster, as others have said, get your child checked today, hopefully he is OK. Thinking of you today.

squaresandsquares Tue 21-Apr-20 09:30:29

I spoke to the receptionist the GP will call today.
She's gone into school with a headache.
She has thirst, headaches, woke up with cold feet this morning and she found that painful, keeps weeing. And has started to wee a bit in her pants.
Has had headaches for 18months but have got so much more frequent.
(Optician gave her reading glasses, GP said there's nothing wrong)
Still wears pull ups and night but they are sodden.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »