Talk

Advanced search

If you've had a test.....

(6 Posts)
MobLife Wed 15-Apr-20 12:47:46

Do you get to choose if they take it from the nose or the throat?

OP’s posts: |
fabtasticmrpox Wed 15-Apr-20 13:03:20

I've been instructed how to do a test which is swab the back of the throat ( the person should gag) then up each nostril with the same swab. I've not yet swabbed anyone but have been led to believe if the person doesn't gag it hasn't been done properly. 🤷‍♀️

JemilyJ Wed 15-Apr-20 13:15:23

Interesting about gagging. I can’t even have dental xrays as I gag so much so had been sure I’d never manage a covid test.

Gluestick80 Wed 15-Apr-20 13:15:28

We take it throat and nose. Same swab.

MilkTrayLimeBarrel Wed 15-Apr-20 13:19:29

Me too @JemilyJ - cannot bear dental x-rays and just about manage the hygienist cleaning my back teeth! I once had a fishbone stuck in my throat and the doctor just could not depress my tongue and have a look at my throat as I was gagging so badly! I really hope I don't need to have one of the virus tests!

MobLife Wed 15-Apr-20 13:35:56

The gagging is what I'm concerned about-@JemilyJ i have the same issue with dental work and xrays-have yet to tolerate one without sedation despite so many attempts

I need to go and have a swab done-my employers is currently organising the appointment-I'm terrified of ending up as a coughing mess and ultimately infecting some poor nurse or HCA

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »