Talk

Advanced search

NHS Worker

(7 Posts)
Ronnie1234 Wed 15-Apr-20 20:38:04

Yes does work some weekends either her dad, myself or grandmother has her

She's waiting for the local council to call her back now they are going to confirm what should happen & IF they are setting up key worker childcare for weekends

OP’s posts: |
Lifeisabeach09 Wed 15-Apr-20 19:15:58

Well, if there is no weekend keyworker scheme available (is there?) and she can't send to a family member then her work can't make her work the weekend, surely?

SoloMummy Wed 15-Apr-20 17:24:56

Does she normally work weekends? Who would usually have her child if she does?

Ronnie1234 Wed 15-Apr-20 12:27:40

We are both 'key workers' my husband is also I have been furloughed yesterday for 3 weeks so removed my children from key workers
Both our children were going to key worker scheme but I also had my niece a few days over the past weeks as nhs told her that is fine as I am healthy not vulnerable etc the same goes for my mum (grandmother)
My sister has been asked to work this weekend key worker scheme not open my mum has refused to have her so I'm thinking she'll ask me so just getting the info correct before I answer her

Blackbear19 Wed 15-Apr-20 12:18:40

They haven't given guidance on babysitting other than households shouldn't mix and kids shouldn't go to elderly grandparents. But it's ok for kids to move between parents.

Personally if it was my niece I'd rather she came to me, my family, than for her to be mixing with however many other kids in school and the hours school are offering are hopeless.

I have offered a couple who are both NHS if they need me to I'd happily babysit their DS.

I could never imagine anybody would be prosecuted for babysitting a keyworkers child.

Chinnychinnychinnychib Wed 15-Apr-20 12:12:55

That’s the advice, that she uses key worker scheme.

Ronnie1234 Wed 15-Apr-20 12:11:16

My sister works for the NHS & has a 12 year old daughter
Work are advising her when she works her daughter should go to key worker scheme or a healthy family member that's not vulnerable
What are the rules on this?
She's a single parent Dad has refused to see daughter during this key worker scheme doesn't open weekends at moment but poss will in future

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in