Advanced search

UK holidays - July

(8 Posts)
bettertimesarecomingnow Tue 14-Apr-20 23:37:44

We have a holiday to Spain on 11 July and I'm almost certain it won't go ahead

Scotland it is then! Mind you, might not even be able to do that either

MamaExtraordinaire Tue 14-Apr-20 21:33:29

We have a holiday booked with TUI for early July and we are patiently waiting for them cancel. I’m almost certain the chances of us going are zero (nor would we want to), but if we cancel now we stand to lose a large deposit.

If they gave us the option to amend the dates for free I’d do it in a heartbeat!

BriefDisaster Tue 14-Apr-20 21:33:26

its Hoseasons, they are letting people rebook who are due to go in May, but not offering refunds.

OP’s posts: |
cakeandprosecco Tue 14-Apr-20 21:33:03

I have a cottage booked for the last week of June. I emailed the company saying I think it may be safer if I move the booking and they have said that they anticipate people being able to come from June onwards- I’m not sure though! I think if you cancel you may not get your deposit back/be able to change your dates so it may be best to wait until nearer the time

BriefDisaster Tue 14-Apr-20 21:31:32

We have paid in full ip front (first time ever!) so if we cancel in the next few weeks will 'only' lose deposit which I'm willing to risk. Worried the company will go bust and we will lose it all.

OP’s posts: |
Furloughrefusedconfused Tue 14-Apr-20 21:29:39

Who is it with? Is it a case of if you cancel now you don’t get money back? If so I would leave it as, if they cancel you, a lot of places are letting you rebook/refunding you.

ScorpionQueen Tue 14-Apr-20 21:28:02

We'll lose our deposit if we cancel so have to pay the balance and wait.

BriefDisaster Tue 14-Apr-20 21:24:58

Would you cancel yet?

I'm thinking yes but wondering what others are doing.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in