Talk

Advanced search

Worried...

(6 Posts)
Rosalie49 Tue 14-Apr-20 21:07:23

I’m 22 years old and have a 5 week old baby. I’m so worried that I’ll catch this virus and the worst will happen and I’ll leave my baby without a mum. I have no underlying health conditions, does anyone know what the statistics are for people like me? They’re predicting 80% of the population to catch this virus, aren’t they? shock I feel like it’s inevitable I’ll get it.

Also, I know they’re working on a vaccine which is great. But, what do we really know about this virus? Does it mutate? Because if it does, the virus won’t work!

I know this has already been asked a million times already but I’m a single mum and I’m desperate to see my mum. I know ... Who isn’t? When do you expect that will be able to happen?

Again, sorry if these questions are repetitive.

OP’s posts: |
Rosalie49 Tue 14-Apr-20 21:08:36

P.s I should probably add ... I know no one truly knows when I’ll be able to see my mum or when any of us can will be able to see close family, it’s all guess work. But, something to maybe keep my spirits up, hopefully!

Rosalie49 Tue 14-Apr-20 21:33:11

Bump!

TheGreatWave Tue 14-Apr-20 21:33:45

Congratulations on your new baby and it must be so hard not being able to see your Mum.

When you become a parent, it is quite normal to worry about your own mortality, at present it is compounded by the current situation. You are young and do not have any underlying conditions so your chances are getting it badly are low, we can't answer any 'when' questions though.

Are you getting any support? - Phone / video calls? Are you able to get all the supplies for the baby etc?

Take care, this period of time will end,

NotEverythingIsBlackandwhite Tue 14-Apr-20 21:46:04

Does it mutate? Because if it does, the virus won’t work!
No, that isn't the case. All viruses mutate as part of their natural life cycle.This one has already mutated a number of times but the differences between the mutations are very slight. Just because it mutates it doesn't mean that each mutation is more deadly or more contagious even.

This article may give you something to keep your spirits up. Mutating may even cause the virus to become weaker:
www.healthline.com/health-news/what-to-know-about-mutation-and-covid-19

Rosalie49 Tue 14-Apr-20 22:04:00

Thank you @TheGreatWave yes I Face Time friends and family regularly. I do manage to get out and get supplies for me and the baby, although I’m always filled with anxiety when I do go out and get some very odd looks from people since I have my baby with me but what can I do! But thank you for your response.

Thank you @NotEverythingIsBlackandwhite I’ll have a readsmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »