Talk

Advanced search

Any call centre workers out there?

(4 Posts)
Starferry Tue 14-Apr-20 15:10:50

Just curious what it's like where others work. I'm awaiting a laptop so that I can potentially work from home but there is a nationwide shortage so it's taking time. Some staff already working from home, some self isolating, some have childcare issues etc. We're down to about 25% staff on our floor but majority are not following the 2m rules, we tend to bump into people in toilets and kitchenette area. Complaints have been made to management but no changes. I've been working my normal shifts and am having odd days off every other week when hubby has to go to office. DD is 13 but we don't like leaving her alone in these uncertain times. I'm just curious what other call centres are like. I work for one of the UK banks.

OP’s posts: |
ClientQ Tue 14-Apr-20 15:12:34

Yes. Tiny contact centre though with 2 teams (work for two different brands) and maybe 24 people. Majority are furloughed and there's 2 working from home

Devlesko Tue 14-Apr-20 15:23:25

Both my ds2 and his partner, two different call centres were furloughed from lockdown, well a few days before.
At both places it wasn't possible for the workforce to distance enough, you are a few feet away from each other, so not safe.

Starferry Tue 14-Apr-20 15:25:55

We're classed as key workers so have to stay open but I believe we now have enough staff to work from home as demand for what we do has gone down but they are not budging hmm

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »