Talk

Advanced search

Furloughed

(3 Posts)
Ronnie1234 Tue 14-Apr-20 14:08:58

I am now being furloughed by my employer but in the terms and conditions for me to sign it says this agreement gives you two weeks notice that we will be paying on top of the 80% one days holiday per week if available or accrued during the furlough

I have voiced my concerns that I don't want to use one days holiday per week as I have holidays booked for later in the year & need to keep days for if I need time off for kids activities but basically I don't have a choice

Is this correct?

OP’s posts: |
Racoonworld Tue 14-Apr-20 14:47:45

Surely that means they are topping up your salary but using a days leave a week for it? So your choice may be 80% pay and no leave used, or 100% pay and one days leave a week used. Depends which you’d rather have!

Ronnie1234 Tue 14-Apr-20 15:34:02

@Racoonworld I asked not to be paid for the days holiday & just have the 80% as I would rather keep my holidays & was basically told this wasn't an option

To be honest with what holidays I've taken & holidays I have booked don't think I have many days spare

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »