Talk

Advanced search

Work done on house

(6 Posts)
Bramblespoint Tue 14-Apr-20 10:01:26

Would you have workmen in during lockdown?

We are due to have some work done and have a small independent guy lined up. He's still working and obviously wants to continue as he needs the money. Most of the job is outside but he will also need to come in the house and be in the bedrooms.

We said we could maybe pay him deposit and then come after lockdown but I don't know if I'm being over cautious?

DD is asthmatic so we are going out as little as possible

OP’s posts: |
Appiandterri Tue 14-Apr-20 10:08:33

No I wouldn’t but DH is shielded group so I’m very cautious.
I think a deposit is fair, he gets some money to tide him over & knows he has a job when things improve.

NCParanoia Tue 14-Apr-20 15:10:38

We had a plumber round today but that was out if necessity: our washing machine was leaking in to the flat below. Otherwise I wouldn't risk it, especially since your child has asthma.

LuckyMarmiteLover Tue 14-Apr-20 15:11:42

We too had a plumber here today out of necessity.

pinkdressinggown Tue 14-Apr-20 15:18:11

Our builders have carried on working, but we literally had our whole kitchen and living room ripped out a week before lockdown so we'd be really struggling if they hadn't wanted to carry on. We (and they) are very strict about distancing though.

AlfieandAnnieRose Tue 14-Apr-20 15:20:36

The work that needs doing outside would be ok as you could easily keep out of his way. Could he make a start with that maybe?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »