Talk

Advanced search

Is this MY new "normal"?

(4 Posts)
SoCockneyItHurts Mon 13-Apr-20 17:59:03

I can't see an end to lockdown for me and my child until a vaccine becomes available. My son is immunosuppressed taking 2 lots of immunomodulating medications. Even when the lockdown is lifted the virus will still be out there, after all the only reason we're staying at home is to slow the spread to prevent overwhelming the NHS. So we will still get it at some point which could prove fatal for my child. What are your thoughts on staying locked down until we have a vaccine? Thank you, I'm driving myself a bit insane thinking about this!

OP’s posts: |
SomethingOnce Mon 13-Apr-20 18:35:22

Can you continue, practically and sanity-wise? Have you got space, supplies and so on, and people to help out?

In your position, I think I’d be seriously considering it, even if the rest of the world wants to take its chances.

Not easy flowers

hellosunshine5 Tue 14-Apr-20 08:03:02

In your position I think I would 100% be preparing to stay locked down until a vaccine is available!

A scary thought with the timescales being thrown around at the moment, but not impossible by any means.

Good Luck flowers

FascinatingCarrot Tue 14-Apr-20 08:07:19

This is my thought too. My 30yo son has ulcerative colitis and takes the drugs listed under the shielding criteria.
What happens when he has to return to work? This is still a deadly virus for him no matter what happens with NHS availability.
I just want to scoop him up and lock him in until there is a proven vaccine available

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in