Talk

Advanced search

Face mask

(6 Posts)
CoughKeepsOnComing Mon 13-Apr-20 15:21:04

Either they are effective or they are not.

If they are not, then why am I required to wear one for every client I see (NHS mental health).

If they are, then why am I not meant to wear one round tesco as apparantly they are pointless and don't help(?)

What is the difference between coming into contact with clients who may/may not have cv-19, and Jo-blogs who may/may not have cv-19.

I strongly suspect the advice is/should be, that everyone should wear a mask for things like going to tesco. But, the government is having to fudge this as if we did all wear one, there wouldn't be enough for NHS staff.

OP’s posts: |
PinguPengwin Mon 13-Apr-20 15:25:26

It would be good if they could do the same as the Czech Republic and get people to make them.

Of course it would have been ideal if the government had actually done something to prepare for this in the first place and look at countries coping well, but hey ho, can’t have everything.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 13-Apr-20 15:29:32

It would be good if they could do the same as the Czech Republic and get people to make them.

As someone who can't even sew a button on properly I don't think this would be a good idea for a lot of people - I can't see my attempts being very much use!

PumpkinP Mon 13-Apr-20 15:31:38

I don't want to make one, I am useless at that kind of thing and would have to make 5 because I have 4 children . Where can we buy masks?

PinguPengwin Mon 13-Apr-20 15:46:06

There are loads of Facebook pages cropping up with people making masks.

It’s possible to buy them.

Even a scarf is better than nothing.

ThePrettyOneX Mon 13-Apr-20 15:49:31

Some EU countries now made wearing masks compulsory ans you are fined if you go out in public without a mask. The country in my example has a population of 3mln and 1000 infected people. Only 22 died so far. I think the masks are definitely helping to slow the spread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »