Talk

Advanced search

Returning to work but high risk

(4 Posts)
itseastertime Mon 13-Apr-20 15:02:55

I am of a high risk group and I am feeling really anxious within weeks I will be required to return to work and have said I am high risk being a essential worker. Asking for more time off I will require more fight and a medical certificate.
Do we get a medical certificate stating a general unfit for work high risk certificate?
Will this be sensitive towards those who wish to not divulge high risk conditions?

OP’s posts: |
RhubarbFizz Mon 13-Apr-20 15:05:23

If in the shielding group you get a letter posted to you that covers you for the 12 weeks. Am afraid that is all I know.

Devlesko Mon 13-Apr-20 15:11:52

You should be given a sick note or something surely.
But you will have to go back eventually as there are going to be cases until we find some sort of immunity.
We aren't a quarter of the way through the predicted number who will sadly die.
Maybe give notice and find another job when there is less risk to your health.
No way would I be going back to a place of work anytime soon. I'm sure there will be others wanting the essential work more than me.

Moondust001 Mon 13-Apr-20 15:22:31

You cannot say that you are high risk and then refuse to say why you are high risk. If you refuse to return to work, and refuse to provide a valid reason, at best you will be put on unpaid leave, and you possibly could be dismissed. There has never been, and still isn't, a "generally unfit for work" note. If you have a genuine reason for being unable to attend work because you are at increased risk, then you are going to have to give reasons and are likely to be required to provide proof if you want to be paid.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »