Talk

Advanced search

Hancock’s response to PPE questions today

(5 Posts)
Musicforsmorks Sun 12-Apr-20 18:24:37

Not too well up on past few days news here, but he seemed a bit odd today. Repeating how proud, amazing, etc, but not answering questions about nurses accusations about PPE.

Anyone else notice this?
He seemed to cut a few people off abruptly and looked annoyed.

Thoughts ?

OP’s posts: |
FliesandPies Sun 12-Apr-20 18:28:55

I didn't see it, but it's probably because he's an arsehole.

Hearhoovesthinkzebras Sun 12-Apr-20 18:28:55

He does it every time. Twice now the broadcast has been terminated just as he's being asked a difficult question. Haven't seen any of the others do that and today he cut off the reporter asking him about the RCNs viewpoint. I can't stand him. He needs to be held to account properly.

Musicforsmorks Sun 12-Apr-20 18:36:11

I’m worried about why surgeons and nurses are being advised to walk out as last resort if PPE isn’t sufficient.
Obviously I agree with these concerns but wondering why government won’t be transparent about it.

No amount of flattery would solve this one. They need to step up and say why the PPE isn’t there.

OP’s posts: |
Hearhoovesthinkzebras Sun 12-Apr-20 19:34:42

I think nurses and drs should threaten it for the safety of both them and their patients. Hancock's instruction that they are wasting PPE and shouldn't change it so often is just an infection control disaster waiting to happen.

The government won't be transparent because it will highlight how things aren't as under control as they'd like us to believe.

Same as them keep announcing how many empty critical care beds there are. No surprise when patients aren't allowed in to hospital until they are basically cyanotic. Empty beds are no measure of how many seriously ill people there are not of how good the care they are getting is.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »