(23 Posts)
EC22 Sun 12-Apr-20 18:12:34

I was tested on Thursday.
Received my results today.
I just wanted to share my symptoms.
I didn’t get a cough.
I had a headache.
I had sore joints.
I was blocked up with a runny nose and sneezes- typical cold symptoms.
On day 5 I lost my sense of smell.
I will have had symptoms two weeks tomorrow, I still have a temperature, I still have no sense of smell.

OP’s posts: |
AvoidingRealHumans Sun 12-Apr-20 18:13:35

I hope you feel better soon. With what sounds like "mild" symptoms, how did you manage to get tested?

EC22 Sun 12-Apr-20 18:15:56

Yes, definitely mild symptoms although I did spend a few days in bed as I was exhausted.
I’m a nurse. They’re testing us to get us back to work.

Cuddling57 Sun 12-Apr-20 18:19:37

Sorry to hear that OP. Do you feel you had adequate PPE? Are you worried?

EC22 Sun 12-Apr-20 18:24:33

I work in the community so we weren’t using any- I know from my colleagues though that they have some supplies now but home visits have significantly reduced now too.

faithinallisee Sun 12-Apr-20 18:26:30

That’s really interesting as we were told that runny noses were definitely not symptoms to begin with.

NotEverythingIsBlackandwhite Sun 12-Apr-20 18:30:55

There are charts in one newspaper comparing symptons between CV, colds and influenza. According to them you do not sneeze with CV or flu, only with colds. I think people have had runny noses and snuffles but not sneezes.

Could you have both CV and something else like allergies/hay fever?

Blibbler Sun 12-Apr-20 18:35:24

Were you tested in a drive-through type place? I was also tested thursday but am still waiting to hear back. Did you get your text in office hours or has it only just come through? (Just wondering if I might also hear back today)

MarathonMo Sun 12-Apr-20 18:36:05

Have they mentioned anything re: likely immunity post positive result? Get well soon.

PostSpecific Sun 12-Apr-20 18:36:06

Oh OP, I’m sorry! Glad it all seems mild, though. Any breathing problems?

EC22 Sun 12-Apr-20 18:36:10

I don’t think that’s the case. I did think I had the cold until I completely lost my sense of smell.
I’ve since read lots on the virus and lots of articles mention the same symptoms as I’ve had. That’s why I wanted to make this post.

TheClown Sun 12-Apr-20 18:36:20

Hi OP, I am sorry that you are unwell.

I have had symptoms for 3.5 weeks now. Severe headache that was going across my face, runny nose, chest pain, metallic taste in mouth (only 2 days), breathless on exertion, wheezing, sore throat, ringing in ears, nausea, dizzy at times.

Compression feeling across chest was the worst along with a really sore chest to touch and pain in shoulder blades, I cant lay flat due to pain.

I still cant make a full flight of stairs in one go & I will talk to my G.P again on Tuesday, She advised me to call 999 if symptoms worsened 10 days ago.

I wonder if I now have pluerisy,

I just want to know if they posted the test out to you?

Also as I have been 3.5 weeks, I guess mine would show negative now.

EC22 Sun 12-Apr-20 18:39:32

That text is the only correspondence I have had.

No breathing issues at all.

EC22 Sun 12-Apr-20 18:42:27

I went to a test centre for testing, I got tested on day 11, which I thought would be too late.

@TheClown I’d seek a consultation a&e are still seeing patients.

TheClown Sun 12-Apr-20 19:22:05

Thank you, I think our nearest testing place is an hour away & our trust still havn't offered us any.

EC22 Sun 12-Apr-20 21:17:25

The weren’t testing before the day I got tested, the Scottish government changed their stance then those self isolating were offered tests.

Marpan Sun 12-Apr-20 21:35:06

My husband had a runny nose and cough and 1 year old had runny nose and fever and I had a sore
Throat only.

SebandAlice Sun 12-Apr-20 21:38:08

@Marpan
Did you get a positive test also?

Bimbleboo Sun 12-Apr-20 21:38:28

Oh wow it was a drive thru centre?! I didn’t even think we had those here yet. That’s promising. X

10storeylovesong Sun 12-Apr-20 21:41:11

I was tested in a drive through centre too on Thursday. I was told 72 hours by text but have heard nothing yet.

EC22 Sun 12-Apr-20 21:46:03

My husband was tested Friday but we are still waiting in his results but I’m certain he has it.

Hannah021 Sun 12-Apr-20 21:48:31

Glad you've had it mild flowers

Hannah021 Mon 13-Apr-20 08:38:33

Out of curiosity, what blood type r u plz?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »