Talk

Advanced search

When all this is over....

(34 Posts)
1stevernamechange Sun 12-Apr-20 12:47:06

Complete the sentence, when all this is over....
What are you looking forward to doing? I’m going to walk to our local park and have coffee in the cafe, something that I’ve never done before!

OP’s posts: |
HoffiCoffi13 Sun 12-Apr-20 12:47:59

I’ll hug my mum.

MrsChoc Sun 12-Apr-20 12:48:15

I’m going to the beach for an ice cream!

RufustheLanglovingreindeer Sun 12-Apr-20 12:48:46

Im going to see my eldest

He is the only thing i miss

thefourgp Sun 12-Apr-20 12:52:28

1- I miss going to work....might sound a bit mad but I like the routine and I think it’s good for my mental health. 2- I miss going to visit my mum 2/3 timed a week. 3 - I’m a single mum and I really miss takeaway/eating out. I can’t wait to eat a meal I didn’t have to make.

sittingonacornflake Sun 12-Apr-20 12:52:52

Give my mom the biggest cuddle EVER

MagnoliaJustice Sun 12-Apr-20 12:55:32

Go and see my adult daughters and give them the biggest hug ever - and a bag of presents each because they've both had birthdays during lockdown.
Then I'm going to drive to see my mum, and take her out for lunch.

Elizadoingverylittle Sun 12-Apr-20 13:01:07

I was just thinking about what I'd do...
1) Take the kids to see my mum for hugs and a chat (need that more than them)
2) Enjoy a really good cup of coffee from the cafe we loved to go to
3) Enjoy a whole day outside, rambling in woods or near coast with a picnic
4) Visit my local library and get out lots of books

HoffiCoffi13 Sun 12-Apr-20 13:01:31

Oh, and sit in our nearest beer garden with DH with a glass of wine while the DC play on the play equipment.

Wired4sound Sun 12-Apr-20 13:02:58

Go and see my parents, regardless of what time day or night they announce it I’ll be round to there’s

40somethingJBJ Sun 12-Apr-20 13:26:30

Take my ds to see his grandad and then drop him at his dad’s for a few weeks!

Hbs21 Sun 12-Apr-20 13:28:40

Introduce my soon to be born child to his/her grandparents

lorn195 Sun 12-Apr-20 13:29:23

I'm going to the beach with my husband, have a very long walk around the seafront, then will visit our favourite Saturday afternoon haunt for wine, lager and nuts. Then I will go back home and open the bottle of camel valley bubbly I was given at Christmas.

DBML Sun 12-Apr-20 13:31:54

Holiday to Florida!

Oxyiz Sun 12-Apr-20 13:33:29

Hug my parents and siblings. Go swimming. Wander around some shops for the hell of it.

WanderingLost167 Sun 12-Apr-20 13:40:56

Spend a romantic night with my bf

LongPauseNoReply Sun 12-Apr-20 13:41:52

Straight to the beach for a massive lungful of salt air

Easilyanxious Sun 12-Apr-20 14:52:15

Go to beach normally there most weekends this time of year

Skeletoninatutu Mon 13-Apr-20 16:32:16

Hug my mum and dad tightly
Walk my kids into their brillant school
Go to favourite local cafe with my DH and have fancy baguettes and coffee perched in our preferred window seat
Enjoy time alone with my shiftworker DH... kids are always around when he's home now since no school
Go to my library... I miss that place...

Bargebill19 Mon 13-Apr-20 16:33:44

Going to the garden center followed by cake and coffee in a cafe.

Laiste Mon 13-Apr-20 16:35:42

Go and hug DD 2 (24) and her long term boyfriend and then rush off to a garden center and then book DH and me into hotel for our anniversary night celebration! We should have had it last weekend.

Just him and me. Bliss.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Mon 13-Apr-20 16:36:06

When all this is over ds2 is going to go and buy a bar of chocolate, because 'when I asked you if I could you said no because coronavirus so I have Unfinished Business with chocolate.'

happymummy12345 Mon 13-Apr-20 16:44:51

I'm going to go and get my nails and eyebrows done. Then hopefully arrange something with dh as a treble celebration, Mother's Day, my birthday and our 5th wedding anniversary all happened within the last few weeks and obviously we couldn't celebrate properly. So we will hopefully be able to do something, even just a meal and a few drinks as money will still be tight

alwaysstressed Mon 13-Apr-20 16:51:01

Going straight to McDonalds for a big mac meal

Makeitgoaway Mon 13-Apr-20 16:51:25

Try to maintain this slower pace of life and not feel the social pressure to be out having fun and make the most of every weekend, when what I'd really like to do is potter round the garden, bimble round the woods and cook a good meal to have with DH and DC (and wine)

Also seriously considering a flexible working request so I can keep these working hours. I'm wfh but finding I can get it done between 8:30 and 2. It's lovely to have the afternoons "off".

We were supposed to be away last weekend and had a break with friends planned in May. I am surprisingly not that bothered to have had those cancelled and I thought I was really looking forward to them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »