Talk

Advanced search

How long does the lost of taste last

(6 Posts)
Klouise777 Sun 12-Apr-20 08:55:29

Hi all, got symptoms of covid last Saturday and tested the Sunday so 1 week today. Confirmed positive. Tested due to my job. Had mild symptoms and feel ok now except still no taste or smell returned. I lost them both on Tuesday or Wednesday I think so a few days in to the illness. Anyone with similar know how long that sense of smell and taste took to return? Thanks

Shitsgettingcrazy Sun 12-Apr-20 08:59:35

I had something that was either covid or similar 1st march. Ended up in hospital.

They didnt test because I hadnt been to china (and some other countries) and wasnt aware of being in contact with anyone that had. However I had been in 3 days of board meetings with people in and out all the time. It was after half term so some will have been away (I did tell the hospital this).
I was told I had a virus but not Corona.

However, I did also lose my sense of taste. And smell. Unfortunately, it's still not back.

thecatneuterer Sun 12-Apr-20 08:59:36

I'm on day 19. It's slowly been returning since around day 12 but still not one hundred per cent back.

LittlePickleHead Sun 12-Apr-20 09:00:46

It was about 17 days for my husband

Chilver Sun 12-Apr-20 09:00:58

I lost mine a month ago and it's not back yet.

AllForAnEasyLife Sun 12-Apr-20 09:04:24

My sister has lost all taste and smell and has done for 2 weeks. NHS line told her that they are not a symptom and as she doesn’t have a cough she can go to work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »