Talk

Advanced search

Stay Home adverts tv

(9 Posts)
DottyWott Sun 12-Apr-20 02:47:13

Urgh I am starting to hate these
When my anxiety is getting the better of me it really helps to switch off the news put down the phone and watch mindless trashy tv

But the adverts (on all4 at the minute) keep dragging me back into the here and now!

Anyone else?

OP’s posts: |
ElizabethMainwaring Sun 12-Apr-20 02:57:15

I like them. I find them reassuring.
I also find it impossible to forget about the here and now. I've been incredibly anxious, but feeling calmer now. Hope you feel better soon op.

notdoingitanymore Sun 12-Apr-20 06:20:47

I agree with you. I'm trying to avoid the main stream hype as I get it bit I can't even watch paid for channels without the 'stay safe' adverts- wel duh I'm watching your shit so I'm at home obvs

Sunshine1235 Sun 12-Apr-20 07:22:16

I agree, I hate tv and the radio now the adverts have all ‘caught up’ with the current situation. I’m watching/listening because I’m trying to escape not because I want to be reminded every few minute that we are living in difficult times

Wetfloortiles Sun 12-Apr-20 07:23:59

I hate them too. Also freaks me out as they start making me think we are being brainwashed for some ulterior motive confused

Ginfordinner Sun 12-Apr-20 08:27:59

They have to keep showing them in the hope that the arsehole idiots who keep breaking the rules will eventually get the message.

DottyWott Sun 12-Apr-20 11:15:01

Glad it’s not just me

That said the one of John Snow ironing his ties has just made me giggle

Maybe it’s the tone of them

OP’s posts: |
mogtheexcellent Sun 12-Apr-20 11:17:47

Try changing channels, theres a Hey Duggee one on BBC.

ElizabethMainwaring Sun 12-Apr-20 11:36:56

It was the John Snow one that I was thinking of. I find it very reassuring in a 'we're all in this together' way.
I know that people get fed up with celebs on lockdown aswell, but I quite like that too. I also like seeing in their homes.
I think that they make people feel a bit more connected, knowing that we are all suffering to one degree or another.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »